SpeedLegal is a San Francisco based LegalTech startup. We use Artificial Intelligence to devise innovative solutions for individuals and Enterprise Organizations.
SpeedLegal is seeking a highly-motivated Business Dev Intern that lives our company values. At SpeedLegal, we believe in diving deep to understand the truth, taking risks, and questioning common assumptions. We have a strong bias for action and believe that action beats inaction. We value all team members as contributors from the first day of the internship (aka Day One). We work together to maintain and evolve a responsive company culture that values innovation, creativity, and integrity. This is a part-time remote position.
At SpeedLegal, we believe in a future where users will be able to understand contracts in minutes. Our platform uses a set of machine learning tools to extract useful data from bulk-uploaded contracts. Our users spend less time on line-by-line review, and more time focusing on high-value tasks such as building trust and deep relationships with their customers.
Grow potential within the company e.g. Stock options.
- You will work with the CEO, CTO and Head of Legal to drive an industry changing experience for our clients.
- We are in a highly disruptive LegalTech space, developing new products/solutions regularly.
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Identify and research potential clients.
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners.
- Discover and explore business opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials.
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data.
- Evaluate options and resolve internal priorities.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations.
- Examines risks and potentials for the business opportunities.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Enhance organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- BA in business administration or a related field or a current MBA student.
- 1+ years of sales/business dev experience. MBA students are encouraged to apply even without prior job experience.
- You are a quick, eager, and proactive learner.
- You have a deep desire to assist and help others.
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- You are incredibly organized, process-driven, and capable of handling multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- You value collaboration and work well in a team environment.
- You love technology and value constantly learning new workflows.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, SpeedLegal is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- You are currently pursuing a MBA degree.
- Experience with CRM software (i.e., Salesforce).
- You are a Tech and contract law enthusiast.
If this role sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! Think you are missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team!
Please send your resume when applying.