SpeedLegal is a San Francisco-based LegalTech startup. We believe in a future where anyone will be able to understand contract terms and risks in seconds.
SpeedLegal is an AI contract negotiator that helps companies save $1k/contract ~$140k+/year when reviewing contracts using AI. Business people using SpeedLegal easily spot contract risks, negotiate better terms, save 75% of their time & boost deal closures 3X.
SpeedLegal is seeking a highly motivated Head of Engineering who lives our company values. At SpeedLegal, we believe in diving deep to understand the truth, taking risks, and questioning common assumptions. We have a strong bias for action and believe that action beats inaction. We work together to maintain and evolve a responsive company culture that values innovation, creativity, and integrity.
- Minimum five years of relevant software development experience as a full-stack developer (mandatory)
- Experience with ML / NLP (mandatory)
- Experience with leading a team
- MERN stack - MongoDB, ExpressJS, ReactJS, NodeJS (API development), GraphQL
- Knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- UI/UX experience - Figma, Custom CSS, Material UI and Semantic UI
- Experience of collaborative coding with GIT
- Unit/Integration testing
- Good knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- Good knowledge of Docker, Celery, Fast API
- Experience with AWS and Google Cloud Platform
- Previous experience working for small startups is a strong plus
- Experience working in a self-managed agile workflow
- Strong ability to work and collaborate with small teams
- Passionate about product and product development
- You have built on top of foundational models
Competitive base salary, determined by your experience + significant initial equity grant as you will be one of the initial employees.
If this role sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! Think you are missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team!