We are rethinking how people and companies interact with contracts. We are serial entrepreneurs backed by Berkeley SkyDeck, Plug & Play VC, Rockstart and LexLab at UC Hastings.
We are a Machine Learning startup based in California and we are looking for a motivated Legal Intern for a legal AI product.
Have you ever signed a contract but not really understood what it said? Us too.
Contracts are the foundation of all commerce, but they're basically impossible to understand. They're dense and filled with jargon. Oftentimes, they're literally written in Latin.
SpeedLegal SaaS platform helps busy professionals e.g. salespeople and buyers close deals 3X faster (200% revenue accelerator) and save ~$60k-140k in legal fees when reviewing contracts.
SpeedLegal is seeking a highly-motivated Legal Intern who understands Italian. At SpeedLegal, we believe in diving deep to understand the truth, taking risks, and questioning common assumptions. We have a strong bias for action and believe that action beats inaction. We value all team members as contributors from the first day of the internship (aka Day One). We work together to maintain and evolve a responsive company culture that values innovation, creativity, and integrity. This is a part-time remote position.
At SpeedLegal, we believe in a future where users will be able to understand contracts in minutes. Our platform uses a set of machine learning tools to extract useful data from bulk-uploaded contracts. Our users spend less time on line-by-line review, and more time focusing on high-value tasks such as building trust and deep relationships with their customers.
- As a Legal Intern, you will greatly impact the day-to-day experience of our clients.
- You will work with the CEO, CTO and Legal Lead to drive an industry changing experience for our clients.
- As a key member of the team, you will get first-hand experience with customer documents, and you will help us ensure that all clients are delighted by their SpeedLegal experience.
- You will be responsible for performing contract review (key role), ensuring product functionality through feedback, and helping troubleshoot technical issues directly in the platform.
- You will become a subject matter expert on the inner workings of the SpeedLegal platform while working with our real estate, law firms, in-house, and individual practitioner clients.
- You will also collaborate with our development team to help in the identification, triage, and understanding of client product needs.
- We are in a highly disruptive LegalTech space, developing new products/solutions regularly. You will get multiple research and writing opportunities, as well as an opportunity to publish your work and write blogs for our website as a student contributor.
- You are a Tech and contract law enthusiast.
- You are a second/third year or LLM student at Law School.
- You understand Italian language.
- You are a quick, eager, and proactive learner.
- You have a deep desire to assist and help others.
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- You are incredibly organized, process-driven, and capable of handling multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- You value collaboration and work well in a team environment.
- You love technology and value constantly learning new workflows.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, SpeedLegal is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- You have experience with contract review, ideally software licenses, property documents, MSAs, NDA, Lease agreements.
- You are able to spot legal issues quickly and communicate them in a clear and concise way.
- You are currently pursuing a J.D./LLM degree.
If this role sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! Think you are missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team!
Please send your resume when applying.
SpeedLegal is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.